Skip to main content

Montly Update #2 - February

To keep track of my goals and progress, I am going to give you all a monthly update each month. In these posts I will tell you about the book(s) I read during the month and update my progress on both the reading challenges.

Books.
This month, I read a total of 4 books. Due to some health issues, I wasn't able to read much more, but I'm still quite happy about the 4 books I was able to read.


I started the month with Final Girls by Riley Sager. This was a book I was very excited and curious about ever since it came out, and I absolutely DEVOURED it! For someone who hasn't ever really been into thrillers before, that really got me into exploring this new-to-me genre. My non-spoilery review can be found here.

After finishing that, I felt like reading another suspensefull and exciting book, so I picked up Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. This was such a trippy read that really asks a lot of philosophical questions that will keep your mind occupied, plus it is really mysterious. My review is right here!

This one was followed by Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli, which I discovered thanks to the upcoming movie. Took me long enough, I should have picked this up ages ago! Want to see what my exact thoughts were? See my review over here!

Then, I decided to keep my promise to one of my friends and to (finally) pick up Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and my goodness, it was amazing!! My review is not up yet, but I'm working on it. I will post it as soon as I'm done with it.

Also, keeping up with the goal I set myself for reading The Happiness Project, I read the February chapter, which was mainly about love and relationships. I'm single at the moment, so most of it I couldn't really apply to my own life, but it was still quite interesting to read about.  

Progress. 
I only focussed on one of the challenges.

1. Mystery/Thriller: I linked Final Girls to this category, felt appropriate :)
2. Adapted into a movie: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. I honestly can't wait for this movie.
3. A number in the title: This one, I linked to Ready Player One.

Next month.
For March, I'm not going to plan any books. I'm just now starting to feel a little better, so I want to focus on that. I'll read what I'll feel like. As for now, I am reading Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I've heard so many great things about it, but so far I've found myself having trouble with really getting into the story. It has been unable to pull me in completely. I do still have high hopes for it to get better now my health is improving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Mind, A Beautiful Life: The Bubz Guide to Being Unstoppable - Lindy Tsang

"What better gift can you give someone than making them feel more beautiful inside?" I decided to start the year of by trying to get inspired to work on and improve myself. I don't really have any resolutions for the new year, because I know I have trouble sticking to them, but I thought that starting the year with trying to get an even more positive outlook on life couldn't hurt. Then, last December, Lindy Tsang (Bubzbeauty on YouTube) had her first book coming out! When I heard about the news, I dreaded it was going to be 'just another book', but she started telling about what she was going to be writing about and she got me really excited for this one. I've followed Lindy on YouTube for quite some years now and always found myself awestruck by her positive outlook on life and her knowledge of who she was. She, to me, is a rolemodel on how I would love myself to be: honest, real, kind and loving. When the release date (December 12th) was announced,

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things - Bryn Greenwood

Eight-year-old Wavonna (Wavy) Quinn is the daugther of a meth-dealer knows not to trust anybody, not even her parents. S truggling to raise her little brother, Wavy is the only responsible "adult" around. She finds peace in the starry Midwestern night sky above the fields behind her house. One night everything changes when she witnesses one of her father's thugs, Kellen, a tattooed ex-con with a heart of gold, wreck his motorcycle. What follows is a powerful and shocking love story between two unlikely people that asks tough questions, reminding us of all the ugly and wonderful things that life has to offer. Well, the blurb was right: a shocking love story. The subject makes it quite hard to review, because I don't want to give anybody the wrong idea. So, to all of you reading this: I do not support these kind of relationships. "Odd couple that they were, they had a real connection." So, the subject made this a very ambigiuous story, as it

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli

Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised. With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met. I found out about this book through the first released footage of the m